Updated: Mar 28
Tasty with a good spicy kick to it.
Tinga de Pollo a mi estilo.
3-4 lbs of chicken breast or chicken drumsticks (your preference)
Half an onion
1 garlic clove
1 can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
1 can of tomato sauce
1. Clean and wash your chicken
2. Add the chicken into a pot, add water until chicken is cover and add half a table spoon of salt.
3. Boil the chicken until chicken is soft enough to shred. Keep in mind chicken breast takes longer to cook than the chicken drumsticks.
Once the chicken is cooked set aside for it to cool down.
While the chicken is cooling down chop the onion and tomatoes.
Shred the chicken once it's cool enough to handle.
In a blender add half the can of tomato sauce, garlic clove, the can of chipotle pepper only add half the can if you don't want it to come out spicy and add 1table spoon of water and blend good.
5. In a pan add a little bit of oil and cook the chopped onion and tomatoes on medium heat, stir occasionally.
6. Add the shredded chicken to the pan with onion and tomato and mix together, lower the heat to low.
7. Add what you blended in the blender to the chicken turn up the heat to medium and let boil
8. Once it has boiled turn off the heat and enjoy.